Cable IQ Version 1.80 is now available for download.
Version 1.80 Improvements:
- Cable failing length on some pairs and wire map at 75 meters +/- 5 Meters
- Improved length measurement on Cat 6 and Cat 6A cables at about 150 Meters
- Improved performance with USB 3.0 and Windows 10 (tester to PC USB connection)
This is a two step process. You will need to first install the CableIQ Reporter Software on your PC, then connect the CableIQ via the USB to your PC and send the firmware 1.80 update to the CableIQ Qualification Tester.
Installing CableIQ Reporter 2.0
Run the file you just downloaded from above link, and if prompted to, click on Remove.
Updating the CableIQ Firmware
Why not take this opportunity to install new batteries in your CableIQ? If it loses power during the update, it may have to come into one of our service centers. Open your CableIQ Reporter 2.0 Software and connect the CableIQ Qualification Tester to the USB port on your PC. Power on the CableIQ. If this is the first time you have done this, Windows will come up with a message that it has detected a new device. Go ahead and let it install the USB driver. If you do not let the driver install, you will need to uninstall CableIQ Reporter and reinstall it again.
참고: If you are updating on a PC running Windows 10, you may need to use the following workaround to get the PC to connect to Cable IQ to send the update to the tester. After the update to version 1.80, you will not need to use these workaround steps to connect the PC to your Cable IQ.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Cable IQ tester and turn it OFF (powered off with green button).
- Close Cable IQ Reporter software.
- Open the Cable IQ Reporter software.
- Connect the USB cable and turn the rotary dial on Cable IQ to DISCOVER.
- Press the green power button on the Cable IQ tester and wait for it to fully boot.
- Turn the rotary dial to TONE and wait 3-5 seconds.
Turn the rotary dial to DISCOVER.
In CableIQ Reporter, click on Utilities > Update CableIQ Software*
*Firmware is a term engineers use to distinguish the difference between software for a PC and software for an instrument. Because most customers are not engineers, we use the term Software for both PC and instrumentation updates.
You will then be issued with the following WARNING>
Even if you think you have already downloaded the results from the CableIQ, why not do it again just to make sure. Please? Go ahead and select the update file from the location you saved it at earlier.
Click Open to send the update to the CableIQ Qualification Tester. The update process takes approximately 90 seconds.
- Cable IQ Reporter will show a progress bar when the software update is being transferred to your Cable IQ.
- Cable IQ will display "Receiving Update." When complete, the Cable IQ will install the update.
- Cable IQ will display "Installing Update" and beep while the installation occurs. When done, the Cable IQ reboots.
- Cable IQ will display "Update Complete press any key..."
- Press Enter.